If you believe you or your children are in imminent danger from your spouse or another household member you can request a judge issue a temporary restraining order to protect you and your family.  A “TRO” can be granted without a hearing or notice to the perpetrator by submitting a petition to the Family Court A “TRO can order your spouse to leave the home and cease contact to ensure short-term safety for you and your children pending a full court hearing to determine whether a longer-term protective order is appropriate.  We can help you with:

  • Where to File

  • What to Expect

  • TRO’s Involving Children

  • Impact of TRO on Divorce Cases